Upcoming Exams: Please see the below schedule for the upcoming C. Ped (C) exams. Click the above link to download both the examination information and exam application form.
Exam Date: October 15, 2022
Time: TBD after the application deadline
Exam Date: November 26 & 27, 2022
Time: 2 hours will be allocated between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Toronto or Vancouver (exams may take place in Pedorthic Clinics based on
candidate location with a combination of in-person and online proctors
dependent on Covid-19 restrictions at time of exam).
Application Date: September 5, 2022
Application form, proof of eligibility and fees must be received by the
deadline, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Note: Examination is also available in French
Certified Pedorthist (Canada) Examination Information
The College of Pedorthics of Canada has scheduled the examination leading to the professional designation Certified Pedorthist (Canada). The following information outlines the eligibility requirements and application procedures.
Exam Date: March 19th, July 15th and October 15th, 2022
Time: TBD after the application deadline
Exam Date: Time: Locations:
The weekend of April 16th, October 26th 2022
1 1/2 hr times will be allocated between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Toronto or Vancouver (exams may take place in Pedorthic Clinics based on candidate location with a combination of in-person and online proctors dependant on Covid-19 restrictions at time of exam).
February 7th, 2021
Application form, proof of eligibility and fees must be received by the deadline, NO EXCEPTIONS.
One payment of $650 plus GST or HST where applicable (please see application enclosure checklist) must be included with your application for the written exam.
NOTE: if the written exam is not passed the fee for the oral exam will be returned to the applicant
Re-examination Fee: Same as above if the written exam is re-taken.
$350 plus GST or HST as applicable if only the oral exam is re-taken.
These fees include a non-refundable administration fee of $75 if an application is withdrawn in writing up to 1 week prior to the examination date. Should an applicant withdraw within one week of attempting an exam, under reasonable and verified extenuating circumstances, a non-refundable credit for the full exam fee will be given. This credit must be applied to the next available exam session. A second withdrawal will result in forfeiture of the entire fee.
Note: Once a candidate has successfully passed the Certified Pedorthist (Canada) examination, they are required to become a member of The College of Pedorthics of Canada. All certified members must maintain membership in both the Pedorthic Association of Canada and The College of Pedorthics of Canada in order to maintain certification. The College will send an invoice along with a membership information package to successful candidates. The College will not send a certificate or certification numbers until payment and proof of at least $1 million professional liability insurance is received.
If the candidate is already a member in good standing with The College of Pedorthics of Canada as a Certified Pedorthic Technician (Canada), The College will send an invoice for the difference in fees. The candidate will not receive the new certificate until payment is received by The College.
Revised January 2022
Please follow the appropriate guideline for your PAC membership status, education and/or work experience.
Option 1: Western University Diploma in Pedorthics Graduate
- Membership: Applicant must be a Candidate Member in good standing with the Pedorthic Association of Canada (PAC). Membership must be approved and in force for a minimum of thirty days prior to the exam application deadline. Applications for new memberships must be received by PAC no later than 2 months before
- Education: Diploma in Pedorthics from Western
Option 2: University Degree supplemented by specific Core Courses and Practical Experience as outlined below (NOTE: To qualify for Option 2, you must have joined the apprenticeship route to certification prior to December 31, 2020)
- Membership: Applicant must be a Candidate Member in good standing with the Pedorthic Association of Canada (PAC). Membership must be approved and in force for a minimum of thirty days prior to the exam application Applications for new memberships must be received by PAC no later than 2 months before examination.
- Education: A university degree in
- Any Health Science
Those with a diploma in one of the following related health fields will also be accepted providing they also have a recognized University degree in any field
- Core Competencies: Successful completion (60% minimum grade) of coursework in the following areas from a CPC recognized university or college:
- Biomechanics/Gait Analysis
- Medical Conditions/Disease
- Physical Assessment
- Orthotic fabrication* (PEDS6014 offered through Western University)
- Footwear modification* (PEDS6013 offered through Western University)
- Practical Experience: 3500 hours in a pedorthic related field including 1500 hours of on site supervised work experience under a qualified Ped (C).
[Allied health professionals (in a regulated health care field with a minimum of two years active practice in that field) will be granted 500 hours credit towards their 1500 required hours of on site supervised work. A letter of membership in good standing must be presented from the candidate’s relevant regulatory body.]
SUITE 503 – 386 BROADWAY ∙ WINNIPEG, MANITOBA ∙ R3C 3R6
PHONE: (866) 819-4354 ∙ FAX: (877) 947-9767