Pedorthists and their Designations
A pedorthist is an individual who is trained in the manufacturing, fitting and
modification of foot appliances and footwear to assist in:
- Alleviating painful or debilitating conditions of the lower limb.
- Accommodation of foot deformities.
- Re-alignment of anatomical structures.
- Redistribution of external and internal forces.
- Improvement of balance.
- Control of biomechanical function.
- Accommodation of circulatory special requirements.
- Enhancement of the actions of limbs compromised as a result of accident, congenital deformity, neural condition or disease.